Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Lateral Earth Pressure

My inability to be able to steal some time out of my schedule leaves me no option but to provide you with some links that might help you. I'll, however, post my take on lateral earth pressure in near future which may be too late for the candidates taking their exam day after tomorrow but may help those who are taking their exams next year or later. I really apologize for the inconvenience and wish all the examinees the very best!

The following link provides a pretty good (and brief) lesson on lateral earth pressure.
http://www.pdhonline.org/courses/c155/c155content.pdf

For any questions, feel free to ask me.

7 comments:

  1. How to calculate the load on brace cut struts. do we have to consider the passive soil reaction at the bottom of the pile?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    are you still posting to this site? I hope so as I'm studying for the PE exam this October, 2010 (again!). I'm taking the Geotech dicipline and can use all the help I can get.
    thanks,
    David

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for providing some information about geotechnical engineering on the PE Exam. I see its been a while since you posted, but if you ever want to come over to AcethePE.com and write a guest post, please let me know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just took it October 2014. I would warn you to take your seismic books, which I did not. Liquefaction. Soil classification etc. I'll see you in April!

    ReplyDelete